Translate This Page
Commercial Flower Arranging Certificate Course for Beginners
This Intensive Flower Arranging Certificate Course is designed for Complete beginners & covers all the basics requirement you will need to begin your new Floristry Career.
This Flower Course is also suitable for those who wish to expand their hobby and learn more professional skills of flower arranging.
Flower Arranging Certificate Course Details
Our Module 1 Commercial Flower Arranging Certificate Course for beginners is the first stepping stone into a career as a florist. Now recognised as Ireland’s leading Flower School we have designed this Flower Arranging Certificate Course with the complete beginner in mind although many who have completed this course in the past have done some hobby courses and still found that they had learnt a huge amount.
Over the intensive 4 days of this Flower Course you will cover so much more than just Flower Arrangements and students who have completed this module comment on how much they learned within the 4 days, the fun and laughter they had, the quality of the flowers and materials they used and the knowledge and information that was so freely given to them.
Our aim is to tell you all the secrets, all the professional tips, all the best places to buy your fresh flowers and sundries. We are not connected to any Flower Shop, Flower or Sundry Wholesaler or Floral Manufacturer Supplier which means will give you a totally un-biased view of what is available out there to you and where to go to get the best value.
Below here is the syllabus of what is covered on this Flower Arranging Course. It is good to know that we supply all your fresh flowers for your courses, we do not take apart any flower arrangements to re use the flowers. You make all the Flower Arrangements yourself under the guidance of your tutor and everything you make during your course is yours to take home with you.
Flower Arranging Theory covered on this Module:
- Selecting the flowers, foliage and accessories to create the most impact for the setting of the floral design.
- Selecting the flowers, foliage and sundries to provide you with profit on selling your design.
- Opening accounts with suppliers, Trade cards, Vat & Accountants
- Purchasing your Flowers & stock wholesale from both on and offline flower suppliers
- Conditioning and treating flowers & foliage when arriving from your wholesalers.
- Retail pricing your designs – how to price your designs profitably
- Marketing & Promoting yourself as a Florist – Brochures/ Price lists / Business Cards
- Preparing your portfolio Health & Safety in the Workplace
- Shop Location
- Employee requirements and skills
During the course students are provided with step-by-step instructional notes and an itemised list of the materials required for each Flower arrangement they design.
Also included is how to cost each Flower Arrangement and the commercial selling price you would expect for each of each Flower Arrangement
Practical Floristry / Demonstration covered on this Flower Arranging Module.
- Over the duration of this flower arranging course you will make seven different style flower arrangements in an array of containers, baskets and dishes. Every flower arrangement you make is yours to take home with you each day.
- You will begin by assembling traditional geometric flower arranging shapes while learning the fundamentals required to broaden your flower arranging skills.
- You will also complete modern flower arrangements, contemporary flower arrangements and some funky flower arrangements.
- These flower arrangements would be suitable for - Side Tables, Hotel Receptions, Small Church Flower Arrangements for Altar, Fonts, Lectern, Windows and steps, Gift & presentation, flower arrangements for Births, Anniversaries, Birthday etc.
- Flower Arrangements suitable as small sympathy tributes or for blessing of the graves occasions, Special Occasions, Flower Arrangements for Mother’s Day, Valentines, Christmas and Seasonal Flower Arranging displays.
- You will also acquire many other Floristry skills, some that will be enhanced more in Module 2 & Module 3, like Bow making, Wiring Flowers, Floristry Taping and Ribbon Pleating.
- Floral Foam preparation for an array of containers is an crucial part of this course
- Transporting & delivering floral arrangements.
On completion of this Commercial Flower Arranging Certificate Course you will have created seven different flower arrangements which are all yours to take home.
You will also be awarded Kay's Flower School Certificate of Completion once you have achieved the standard required on this Flower Arranging Course.
Course Duration: 4 Days Course Time: 10am – 3.30 pm each day
Course Fee: €600 includes all materials required
Booking Deposit: €200 to reserve your place and the balance can be paid by cheque seven working days before your course begins or by Cash on the first day of your course. Payments by PayPal will incur the 4% Paypal Transaction Fee or scroll down and pay by credit card below.
Please Note : We Do Not have Card Facilities at the school, so payments made on the morning of your course beginning can be by cash only
1 Day Option: To attend just 1 day of this flower arranging course the fee is €150 per day, please send on full amount in advance to reserve your place. Please contact us at the school to see if we can organise the Flower Arranging Course Syllabus for the day you wish to attend.
Remember Kay's Flower School is the only full time commercial Flower School in Ireland and we are not affiliated to any wholesaler or flower shop, which means we will teach you all the tricks of the trade, we will tell you all the professional secrets and we will advise you on the best practice for setting up your own business if this is the road you wish to take.
Kays School of Floristry delivers training in a fun and inclusive environment, every students gets lots of attention and support during the course.
All our flower arrangingcourses are practical hands-on courses so please wear suitable clothing .