As we are coming up to one of the biggest days in the Floral Calendar, you need to make sure your website is doing what it should be doing and is found by your customers.
Here are some Top Tips to make sure this will happen for you.
- Most customers will look for a local florist, so it is really important to have your business listed on Google My Business & is linked to you Google+ Page. By doing this you are also added into the Google Map Searches. Google Map results show at the top of most location based searches.
- This may sound silly, but double check your phone number and address on your website, or any links to you website.
- Create a Valentine’s Day or Mothers Day landing page and ensure prices and products advertised are available and at the correct price displayed. If you are using products similar to last year, change the text descriptions and maybe the photo location.
- Include text on your specific page, Google loves relevant content, don’t over pack with key words or phrases, use text as you would normally say it and include your keyword phrases. Example:- “We deliver Bouquet and Arrangement for Valentine’s Day in Dublin form our City Florist”
- Make sure to add ALT text to all your photos that you add to your website, search engines can’t see photos.
- Add your Valentine or Mother’s Day products to your home page. Ideally add a specific image with text linking to your unique Valentines / Mothers Day page.
- Every page you have can be read by Google and potentially listed,
- If you are using social media to market your shop, direct traffic to your unique landing page, customers don’t like to have to click around t find what they are looking for , so bring them where they need to be directly.
- Make sure to use you Key Words and Phrases in your text without appearing spammy. When writing you product names use “Valentines” in the name of the product. Example:- “Red Rose Valentine Bouquet”
This year 2016 Valentines Day falls on a Sunday, potentially this can reduce revenue to your business by up to 30%. Now is the time to begin your marketing plan.
Wishing you a very Busy Valentines Day