Translate This Page
Commercial Sympathy & Funeral Floristry Course
Our Intensive Commercial Sympathy & Funeral Floristry Course also incorporated our Presentation Hand Tied Workshop.
If you are thinking of either working from home to earn a second income, freelance or in a flower shop?
this course is essential for your training.
About our Commercial Sympathy & Funeral Floristry Course
You would love to work in a Flower Shop but you love doing wedding work? It is important to note that Funeral Floristry is the bread and butter of most flower shops. Funeral Floristry is in demand many days of the week in a flower shop and sometime with very little notice. This Funeral Floristry Course will teach you the professional skills that you need to be able to make funeral wreaths and funeral flower arrangements in a commercial, speedy & profitable way.
Being one of our more popular Floristry Courses our students range from early school leavers to those of you whose family may be reared and are looking for new challenges, or for those of you who are looking to change career direction or earn a second income from home.
This module 2 Sympathy & Funeral Floristry Course covers all aspects of funeral floristry, from dealing with the bereaved, marketing your business to undertakers and choosing flowers suitable for different funeral arrangements .
Some of you may think this course is a sad course where in fact it is probably one of our most fun course as most of our students are returning students who have completed Module 1 Commercial Flower Arranging and are telling us all of their recent flowery experiences and asking advice.
Your tutor Janette is an renowned expert in the Flower Industry and is well known for her fun & vibrant personality, she is passionate about her students and will have you laughing and giggling every day.
Most students enrolling on our Commercial Sympathy & Funeral Course have completed Module 1 Intensive Flower Arranging Course or equivalent, however this is not a requirements but some knowledge of flowers and flower arranging would be an asset.
Funeral Floristry Theory covered on this
Funeral Flower Course
- Consulting with customers who are bereaved
- How to offer constructive advice to your customer on their choice of funeral flowers
- Preparing your portfolio
- Purchasing your sundries and materials from flower wholesalers
- Suitable funeral flowers to create different types of tributes
- Shop Layout – Counter and points of sale
- Profit percentages on the sale of flowers and Hand-Tied bouquets
- Teamwork in a florist
- How to sell effectively – stock control
- A day in the life of a Florist- dealing with deliveries, orders etc
- Working through an Undertaker – percentage markup etc
Practical Funeral Floristry / Demonstration covered on this Module:
- Eternal Sympathy Circle Wreath
- Textured Funeral Floral Wreath
- Round Funeral Wreath edged with pleated ribbon with a floral spray
- Sympathy Rose in Cello
- Funeral/Coffin/ Casket Spray
- Heart Shaped Funeral Wreaths
- Tribute Funeral Wreath incorporating a floral spray.
- A grouped or textured Sympathy Cross Tribute using a selection of retail and garden foliage.
- Sympathy Pillow or Funeral Cushion Wreath with initials inscribed in flowers
- Based FuneralFloral tributes
- The Gates of Heaven Sympathy Tribute
During this Commercial Sympathy & Funeral Floristry Course we try to organise a trip to The Dublin City Flower Market and introduce you to some of the Wholesale Flower Suppliers based there.
During your Sympathy & Funeral Flower Training you are provided with step-by-step instructional notes and an itemised list of the materials required for each funeral design and also included is how to cost each funeral design and the commercial selling price you would expect to get for each funeral flower design
As part of Module 2 you also cover the Presentation Hand Tied Bouquet Workshop. Hand tied Flower bouquets are flowers specifically arranged to make a lasting impression and ready to be placed directly into a flower vase, however as they are made in their own Aqua Pack, these Presentation bouquets can be free standing requiring very little maintenance.
Hand-tied Presentation Flower bouquets are ideal for any occasion, be it Birthdays, Anniversary, New Baby, Thank you or Condolences.
Presentation Hand-Tied Flower bouquets are without doubt one of the most requested flower bouquets in a flower shop for any special occasions so they form the basis of any floristry training.
In order to maximize your retail sales or employment potential, it is vital that you master the technique of Hand- Tied Bouquets in Aqua Packs.
Also covered during this part of the course is:
- Purchasing materials & accessories required to create Hand Tied Flower Bouquets Purchasing / Treatment.
- Cost prices of Flowers
- Retail percentage markup on Bouquets of flowers
- Presentation and transporting of Hand Tied Flower Bouquets
- Mastering the technique of creating a Hand Tied Flower Bouquets in an Aqua pack & Porto Box
Course Duration: 4 Days
Course Time: 10am – 3.30 pm each day
Course Fee: €600 includes all materials required
Booking Deposit: €200 to reserve your place and the balance can be paid by cheque seven working days before your course begins or by Cash on the first day of your course. Payments by PayPal will incur the 4% Paypal Transaction Fee.
Please Note : We Do Not have Card Facilities at the school, so payments made on the first day of your course can be by cash only
1 Day Option: To attend just 1 day of this course the fee is €150 per day please send on full amount in advance to reserve your place. Please contact school to see it they can organise the course syllabus for the day you wish to attend.
It is important to remember that Kay's Flower School is an independent floristry training school. We are not affiliated with any Flower Shop or Flower Wholesaler or Supplier. We teach you the professional commercial flower skills to help you on your way in the Flower Industry. We have been training florists all over Ireland and Great Britain for nearly 30 years.
Visit our testimonial page to see comments from our past students
Sympathy Floristry is the "Bread & Butter" of any flower shop and knowledge of all aspects of design is essential. Learn to offer an array of different funeral tributes that will make you stand out from the croud.