Translate This Page
Welcome to Kay's Flower School Website
Kay's Flower School is Ireland's only Full Time Commercial Flower School offering Floristry Training to Students of all levels, who wish to work in the flower industry.
As the ONLY independent Flower School that is not affiliated to any flower shop, flower wholesaler or Flower Studiowe can offer fully independent training & Business development.
- Do you love Flowers?
- Would you would love to work with Flowers or in the flower industry?
- Would would like to have an income from working with flowers
- Do you enjoy being creative?
You have landed on the right website .
At Kay's School of Floristry we are dedicated to training florists from complete beginners level to Advanced Floral Design Level.
Our Professional Floristry Training Program is divided into 4 Modules so you can choose to train at your own level and own pace. Over as long a period as you wish and over weekends/ weekdays
When you choose to train as a florist at Kay's Flower School, you are choosing to train at Ireland's most reputable and longest established Flower School. Established since 1987 Kay's are recognised as the Industry Experts when it comes to Floral Design & Floristry training.
Kay's Flower School is the first point of call for most flower shops in Ireland when they are recruiting staff and our Job Vacancy page is constantly being updated.
Kay's Flower School is veryproud of the fact that nearly 80% of the Flower Shops in Ireland have either trained with us or have sent their staff to train with us.
Many of our students do not wish to gain employment in a flower shop, some prefer to work from home to support their family income, some use their floristry skills on a more personal level by decorating family events, helping out at local churches or parish events, or some just enjoy decorating their own homes.
What ever your reason for coming to us the only pre-requisite for our courses is the love of flowers.
Floristry is a practical skill and the only way you can learn efficiently is by doing it yourself. Bearing this in mind all our training courses are completely hands on and we keep writing notes to a minimum by providing you with comprehensive training notes and diagrams. Our Courses are suitable for all abilities and also for those who English is not their first language. As the only nationally recognised commercial floristry school our graduates are regularly in demand, with Kay's being the first port of call for many flower shops countrywide when they are looking to employ staff.
Why choose to train at Kay's Flower School ?
- You can Train at your own Pace.
- You can choose from an choice of weekend or midweek flower courses.
- We supply all your flowers and sundries for each flower course and everything you make you take home with you.
- We are not associated with any flower shop or florist wholesaler which means we will tell you all the trade secrets and offer you the best advice on purchasing both flowers and sundries.
- We offer all students of Kay's Flower School a full back up support service and access to our student resource section on our website which includes lots of videos and tutorials all free of charge.
- You can choose what aspect of Floristry you wish to specialise in, be it Floral Arranging, Funeral and Sympathy Floristry, Wedding Floral Decoration, Bridal Floristry or Brooch Bouquet Design.
- You are choosing to train at a flower school that is both nationally and internationally recognised. Students regularly travel from the UK and beyond to train at Kay's School of Floristry.
- All our tutors are City & Gulid qualified teachers and experts in their fields. They are constantly updating their own skills to offer you the most up to date skills and trends.
- Kay's Flower School now have an online training school and are in the process of adding more floristry training videos.
- Kays are the first ever flower school to offer Distant Learning Kits in Brooch Bouquet Training and have been featured in many magazines, newspapers and on TV3 Ireland AM.
Our Flower School is independent of any shop, wholesaler or floral supplier. This means we will tell you all the trade secrets and advise you on your options and assist you without prejudice should you choose to set up a flowerbusiness.
We aim to keep our classes small to ensure you receive individual attention throughout your training. We want you to enjoy your course so we keep it as practical as possible , so we keep writing and note taking to a minimum by providing you with detailed comprehensive notes and we encourage you to take photos each step of the way
Our Aim as a Commercial Floristry and Flower Arranging School is to make our industry more accessible to everyone.
During your course we supply you with everything, your flowers, sundries and any other accessories you need to train with while at the school and everything you design is yours to take home.
We do not take apart your arrangements to reuse your flowers on another arrangement, all your flower arrangements, bouquets and designs are yours to take home. We supply you with a wide selection of both flowers & foliage to give you the opportunity to experience working with flowers that may not be available in your local supermarkets.
Whilst training on our commercial courses we endeavor to rid you of any bad habits and show you the professional & commercial short cuts and trade secrets.
We provide you with a full backup and a 100% support service to all our students, whether its advice on costing, pricing, techniques, dealing with clients etc, we are always here to assist long after your course is completed
All of our Floristry courses are open to anyone who has an interest in flowers .
Our students are both Male & Female and range in age from 17 to 70 and from all walks of life. It is this diversity that makes our classes truly enjoyable and fulfilling.
Kays School of Floristry is Irelands leading commercial flower arranging and floristry school. Supplier of Brooch Bouquet Training and Distant Learning Kits. Designer of Bespoke Heirloom Bridal Brooch Bouquets. Large selection Wholesale Brooches For Sale.