How to Care For Tulips
Care Tips For Tulips
- When deciding on a vase allow for the fact that the tulips will grow by a few centimeters in the vase.
- Your vase should be spotlessly clean and filled it with fresh cold tap water flower food.
- There should be no leaves in the water so remove the bottom leaves.
- Cut 3 to 5 cm on an angel off the end of the stem.
- Position your vase in a draught-free spot, cool location away from direct sunlight.
- Do not place the tulips near fruit, since this will accelerate the ageing of the flowers.
- Tulips drink lots of Water. Regularly check that there is plenty of water in the vase and top up with cold tap water when necessary.
- If your tulips are droopy when you purchase them, wrap their heads in some brown paper, cut 2 cm from the end and place them in water to have a good drink for and hour or so. This should bring them back up straight again.