Even with its delicate appearance, it is quite sturdy and robust flower
Lisianthus shapes and colours
There is an huge choice of colour available in lisianthus, they comes in white, green, blue, pink, lilac, purple and salmon hues. Some lisianthus even have petals with multiple colours. they come in many shapes: single and double flowered, large and small flowered and even with fringed petals. Apart from being colourful, lisianthus petals are also very soft and delicate.
- Cut 2 to 5 cm off the end of the stems on a sharp angle
- Select a clean vase and fill it with tap water at room temperature.
- Add cut flower food to the water for a longer vase life.
- Make sure there are no leaves hanging in the water.
- Do not place lisianthus in a draught, in full sun or near central heating.
- Regularly top the vase up with tap water; lisianthus flowers drink a lot because they have thin petals, as a result of which they evaporate a lot of moisture.
- Don’t place lisianthus near a fruit bowl. Fruit emits ethylene gas which will cause the flowers to age more rapidly.
The lisianthus may have a soft and delicate appearance, but it is sturdy and has powerful symbolism attached to it: this lisianthus represents appreciation, gratitude and charisma.