Professional OnlineFloristry Training Program
Our Professional OnlineFloristry Training Program has been developed to a CommercialFlower Industry Standard. We are constantly consulting with Floral Designers and Florist Owners and investigating new trends and business development to ensure all our students leave us confident and capable of working within the commercial flower industry.
How Our Online Courses Are Structured
You May Be Entitled To funding
The Aim of this Online Floristry Training Program:
This Professional Level Online Floristry Training Certificate is to equip the learners with the knowledge and skills both practically and theoretically to working in a the flower sector of their choice or indeed running their own successful Flower Shop or Freelance Floral Event Service
Kay's Flower School is not connected or associated with any flower shop/ business or wholesaler. We are an Independent Flower School, which allows us the privilege to be impartial and objective in all our training programs.
Our Professional Online Floristry Training Program is divided into 4 Intensive Modules. The Program dates are structured through out the academic year to allow students learn at their own pace and at times to suit their lifestyle.
Students will be expected to submit photo/video evidence of work they complete at home during the full course program in order to get certified.
Each Online Program Module are each 4 weeks long bringing our Professional Floristry Online Qualification up to 16 weeks Training.
Each Program we will supply you with all the fresh flowers and sundries you will need to complete your certificate.
During the 4 week program you have full access and contact with your tutors through your Bloom Room along with the access to our Pre-recorded Video Tutorials that you can watch at your own pace.
You will also have full access to our Student Resource Section on our Website.
As an added bonus you will have access to the pre-recorded tutorials for an additional 60 days.
As with all our past students, once a student of Kay's Always and student of Kay's - we are always here to email if you need help, support or advice on any part of your flowery career.
- Commercial Floral Arrangements in Traditional Styles
- Commercial Contemporary and Modern Style Flower Arrangements
- Foam and Foam Free Floral Designs
- Traditional & Contemporary Style Wedding Flowers
- Commercial Sympathy Floral Displays
- Large Floral Structures
- Handtied Bouquets of different styles and structure
- Choosing Flowers to suit all floristry styles and designs
- Conditioning and handling of Fresh Flowers
- Conditioning and Handling of Foliage
- Examine the array of imported and home grown foliage that is commercially used.
- Choosing sundries and accessories for the retail market.
- Ordering Flowers direct from Overseas Floral Suppliers – Holland – (crucial timing of wedding flowers)
- Opening accounts with Irish Fresh Flower Wholesalers
- Opening trade accounts with Irish and UK Sundry floral Wholesalers
- Costing your commercial floral designs
- Calculating your retail pricing relative to industry standards.
- Professional Consultation techniques for dealing with both Wedding Couples, Bereaved, Corporate Customers – Consultations forms/ contracts / deposits
- Business Records – VAT / Record keeping /
- Registering your business name
- Effective Stock Control
- Effective sales techniques
- Marketing & Promoting yourself as a Florist
- Effective Branding & Printing advice
- Developing an online presence through social media
- Developing a relationship with both online and paper media.
- Networking for your business
- Preparing your portfolio for Wedding Work / Sympathy Work / Corporate
- Building relationships with Undertakers / Wedding Shops / Restaurants etc
- Collaborating with influencers and Bloggers
- Planning for photo shoots
- Styling and Events – Rental Contracts and Running Sheets
- Health & Safety in the Workplace for you and your staff
- Shop Location and Shop layout & point of sales
- Creating an effective Business Plan
- Preparing for Wedding Fairs or Markets stands
- Teamwork in a flower shop
- A day in the life of a Florist- dealing with deliveries, orders etc
- Floral Mechanics for bespoke designs & large structures
All students of Kay's are always students of Kay's and we are always here to support you throughout your floristry career should you need advice and assistance with any aspect of floristry