Professional Floristry Training Program
Our Professional Floristry Training Program has been developed to Flower Industry Standard. We are constantly consulting with Floral Designers and Florist Owners and investigating new trends and business development to ensure all our students leave us confident and capable of working within the commercial flower industry.
The Aim of this Floristry Training Course:
This Professional Level Floristry Training Certificate is to equip the learners with the knowledge and skills both practically and theoretically to running their own successful Flower Shop or Freelance Floral Event Service
The Objectives of this Floristry Training Program are:
- Learners will demonstrate their ability to arrange flowers in floral foam suitable for different venues, occasions and situations
- Learners will demonstrate wiring an array of flowers to create different shaped bouquets and arrangements.
- Learners will be demonstrate and design three styles of Handtied Bouquets of different sizes and shapes to suit occasion.
- Learners will demonstrate their ability to successfully choose flowers relative to the designs they need to create
- Learners will recognise the different conditioning treatments relative to different flowers and foliage.
- Learners will be able to formulate industry relative retail prices and produce a retail brochure
- Learners will demonstrate skills to consult with Wedding Couples, Bereaved, Corporate and Media regarding their flower requirements
- Learners will practice skills and techniques to wrap a variety of flowers and plants using a variety of mediums
- Learners will begin to develop a professional portfolio
- Learners will explore the importance of location and layout of a Flower Business.
- Learners will discuss the points of business plans relative to they type of business they intend to start.
- Learners will set up their Business Social Media Outlets and will understand how to target their content
- Learners will discuss content relative to the flower industry and how creating content can impact their SEO
- Learners will develop a Marketing plan for the year ahead
- Learners will recogniseand understand good stock control practice
- Learners will explore the importance of Branding and developing good printable materials
- Learners will understand registering for VAT and the importance of record and book keeping.
- Learners will explore the everyday running of a Flower Business and the considerations that need to be taken into account every day
Our Professional Floristry Training Program is divided into 4 Intensive Modules. Module dates are structured through out the academic year to allow students learn at their own pace and at times to suit their lifestyle.
Students will be expected to submit photo/video evidence of work they complete at home during the full course curriculum.
Module 1,2 & 3 are each 4 days, Module 4 is 3 days and we also include our Christmas Workshop to bring the total number of days up to 16 days.
Each Module costs €600 per module and the Christmas Workshop costs €200
Students can choose to pay for each Module as a Standalone Certificate or can book the full professional floristry training program for €2500
Professional Floristry Training Program Curriculum
- Commercial Floral Arrangements in Traditional Styles
- Commercial Contemporary and Modern Style Flower Arrangements (detailed in practical syllabus below)
- Traditional & Contemporary Style Wedding Flowers(detailed in practical syllabus below)
- Commercial Sympathy Floral Displays (detailed in practical syllabus below)
- Large Floral Structures (detailed in practical syllabus below)
- Handtied Bouquets of different styles and structure
- Choosing Flowers to suit all floristry styles and designs
- Conditioning and handling of Fresh Flowers
- Conditioning and Handling of Foliage
- Examine the array of imported and home grown foliage that is commercially used.
- Choosing sundries and accessories for the retail market.
- Ordering Flowers direct from Overseas Floral Suppliers – Holland – (crucial timing of wedding flowers)
- Opening accounts with Irish Fresh Flower Wholesalers
- Opening trade accounts with Irish and UK Sundry floral Wholesalers
- Costing your commercial floral designs
- Calculating your retail pricing relative to industry standards.
- Professional Consultation techniques for dealing with both Wedding Couples, Bereaved, Corporate Customers – Consultations forms/ contracts / deposits
- Business Records – VAT / Record keeping /
- Registering your business name
- Effective Stock Control
- Effective sales techniques
- Marketing & Promoting yourself as a Florist
- Effective Branding & Printing advice
- Developing an online presence through social media
- Developing a relationship with both online and paper media.
- Networking for your business
- Preparing your portfolio for Wedding Work / Sympathy Work / Corporate
- Building relationships with Undertakers / Wedding Shops / Restaurants etc
- Collaborating with influencers and Bloggers
- Planning for photo shoots
- Styling and Events – Rental Contracts and Running Sheets
- Health & Safety in the Workplace for you and your staff
- Shop Location and Shop layout & point of sales
- Creating an effective Business Plan
- Preparing for Wedding Fairs or Markets stands
- Teamwork in a flower shop
- A day in the life of a Florist- dealing with deliveries, orders etc
- Floral Mechanics for bespoke designs & large structures
Kays Flower School Course Overview.pdf
Size : 269.571 Kb
Type : pdf