I have had to close my shop because of Covid 19 what should I do
This is such unchartered territory for everyone, and the importance of supporting each other at this time is crucial. Reach out to fellow florists in the same situation.
- Give yourself permission to feel. You don’t need to be super wo/man all the time. But with the support of your fellow florists it will help you to stay positive and keep your spirits up
- Start Planning for the future, plan on how your business might change moving forward. Don’t overwhelm yourself. Make a list of all the things you plan to do, then prioritize how you can and will do these.
- Don’t stop selling and marketing your business, you need to stay visible
- Invest in yourself now that you have a little more time
- Learn how to use Zoom for Consultations, it may be the way forward that will in fact become the norm
- Join some networking groups
- Learn how to use online surveys that you can learn to design a pre-questionnaire for future weddings asking the relevant questions you wish to know before a consultation
- Now is the time to learn about the dirty stuff as we call it … HR / PR / Accounting etc as an entrepreneur it is important to have a knowledge of this that is relevant to your business. You do not need to know it all, just what is relevant to your business.
- You could use this time to upskill your floristry skills by enrolling on online courses.
- As we say here at the school, you never stop learning , and the day you think you know it all, give it up 😊
Stay Safe – Stay Social – Stay Apart – Support Together