Module 1 - Beginners Commercial Floristry Certificate
Our Module 1 Intensive beginners Certificate Course is designed for Complete beginners & is the fundamental training you will need to start Your Flowery Career
An Overview of our Module 1 Floristry Certificate Course
Module 1 - Beginners Level Floristry Certificate
Over the 4 days you will cover
- Introduction to a Career as a Florist – A day in the life as a florist
- Practical - Over the 4 days students will design 5/6 different style arrangements suitable for many occasions and events.
- Tutors will demonstrate step by step designs for learners to photograph and grasp the patterns and techniques.
- Conditioning and Handling Fresh Flowers & Foliage - Flower Food, Sterilisation – Conditioning Treatments – Using Florist tools safely
- Floral Sundries and materials – types of floral foam & foam free mechanics – containers to suit locations and displays
- Bow Making Tutor will demonstrate and learners ill learn to make an array of florist bows
- Wholesalers – Trade Cards, Online Wholesalers, Sundry Wholesalers and Fresh Flower Wholesalers
- Costing floral designs and calculating your retail price in accordance with Industry Standard
- Branding and Developing Marketing Material
- Marketing & promoting yourself as a florist
- Social Media for Florists
- The importance of record keeping & stock control
- Business Setup – VAT – CRO – Insurance
- Developing your Portfolio
Our Module 1 Beginners Level Floristry Certificate is the first stepping stone into your career as a florist. Now recognised as Ireland’s Award Winning Flower School we have designed this Flower Course with the complete novice in mind. This foundation flower course will provide you with the skills you need to create stunning displays for many occasions and is a stepping stone into your future career as a florist is this is the route you plan to take.
Students attending our courses must supply their own scissors for training. Florist scissors are available for sale at the school.
Throughout all our Flower Courses you are provided with step-by-step comprehensive instructional notes and an itemised list of the materials required for each Flower arrangement you design. We keep writing for you to a minimum although some notes will be provided each day.
As a student of Kay's you will have access to our Online student resource section on our website, and you will have the full support of your tutors long after you have completed your training with us. It is this support that Kays Flower School has built their reputation.
Our motto is "One a student of Kays, always a student of Kays"
On completion of this Module 1 Professional Floristry Certificate Course you will have created at least six different flower arrangements which are all yours to take home.
You will be awarded Kay's Flower School Certificate of Completion once you have achieved the standard required on this Flower Arranging Course, this certificate is recognised Nationwide and also in the UK as a result of over 30 year successfully training florists.
Course Duration: 4 Days Course Time: 10am – 3.30 pm each day ( the school opens at 9.30am for a 10am start)
Course Fee: €800 includes all materials required
Booking Fee: €200 to reserve your place and the balance can be paid by cheque or bank Transferseven working days before your course begins or by Cash on the first day of your course.
All students attending any of our Flower Courses MUST provide their own Scissors, We do have Florist Scissors available for sale at the school.
Please Note : We Do Not have Card Facilities at the school, so payments made on the morning of your course beginning can be by cash only
1 Day Option: To attend just 1 day of this flower arranging course the fee is €200 per day, please send on full amount in advance to reserve your place. Please contact us at the school to see if we can organise the Flower Arranging Course Syllabus for the day you wish to attend.
Booking Fee must be paid to secure you place on any of our courses. Booking Fees are non refundable. Cancellations of bookings must be notified a minimum of 7 days in advance in order to transfer your booking fee to another date. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to start date will result in the booking fee being lost. Should it be necessary to cancel a course or change the date of a course, Kay's Flower School will offer a full refund of booking fees or a discount voucher off a future course. This is only eligible for those who have a place confirmed by a booking fee.
"I know it would be good already, but didnt realise it would be so good, exceeded all my expectations"
"I really liked the relaxed environment of learning"
"This course is great, I really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, and so many good ideas"
"A Friendly relaxes insightful course with more than enough information & guidance to let me on my path to floristry"
Kays School of Floristry has been delivering training for over 30 years,in a fun and inclusive environment, every students gets lots of attention and support during the course.
All our flower arranging courses are practical hands-on courses so please wear suitable clothing .