Funded by The National Organic Skillnet we are offering a Free RetailFloristry Training Program to persons who are unemployed
Foundation Retail Floristry Certificate Course
This Foundation Retail Floristry Certificate Course is designed for the complete beginner. Learning the basics of retail floristry in order to gain employment in a flower shop and start your career as a florist.
Throughout the duration of this course you will learn
- Flower Care
- Flower Packaging
- Flower Conditioning
- Presentation Bouquets
- Wrapping & Packaging
- Wedding Floristry Skills
- Customer Care
- Health & Safety in a Flower Shop
- Wedding Decor
- Corporate Flowers
- Flower Arranging
- Funeral Tributes
All learners will have full access to our Student Resource Online Platform
This Course will include 10 days Training in a class setting and 8 Days Assigned Project Work. Each class day is 10am to 3.30pm. Project work will take the form of designing an assigned piece of work outside of class hours and submit photographic evidence.
Learners will also be expected to do work experience, and Kay's Flower School will assist in organising this.
- Monday 26th August - Class
- Tuesday 27th August - Class
- Wednesday 28th August - Class
- Thursday 29th August - Class
- Friday - This is an assigned Project Day
- Tuesday 3rd September - This is an assigned Project Day
- Wednesday 4th September - Class
- Thursday 5th September - Class
- Friday 6th September - This is an assigned Project Day
- Tuesday 10th September - This is an assigned Project Day
- Wednesday 11th September - This is an assigned Project Day
- Thursday 12th September - Class
- Friday 13th September - Class
- Monday 23rd September - Class
- Tuesday 24th September - Class
- Wednesday 25th September - This is an assigned Project Day
- Thursday 26th September - This is an assigned Project Day
All project work must be submitted by email before 15th November in order to be certified. All in class dates must be attended.
All flowers foliage and sundries are supplied for all class work, learners may need to purchase some items for project work, but this will be kept to a minimum.
All learners must supply their own florist scissor when at Kay's Flower School
On completion of all elements of this course students will b e awarded a certificate in Foundation Retail Floristry