Funding & Grants Available for our Professional Programs
At Kay's School of Floristry we can offer you advice and guidance on career choices within the Flower Industry. There are various agencies that can offer career guidance for all career path and help you make informed decisions. These Agencies also offer some funding for training and education and depending on your personal circumstances.
It is very important that you have done some research into the Programs / Courses you are requesting funding for. When applying you will need to be conscious that this course will enhance your career or employment prospects. (working in the flower industry or lead to self employment) .
Here is some information that may help you:
Funding For The Employed
We have a few Skillnet Networks that help fund some of our Training Courses. NOTS.ie being one of the primary ones.
To Be Eligible for Funding You Must meet a Certain Criteria
- You must be resident in the Republic of Ireland
- You must be employed full time or part time or Self Employed.
- You must be a member of the Skillnet network.
Please call us on 014538649 and we can talk you through the simple process of availing of this funding.
Funding for the Unemployed
This is designed to fund quick access to short term training for individual jobseekers that have identified work opportunities or where Case Officers have identified an immediate skills gap that represents an obstacle to taking up a job offer.
Application for TESG Funding
Contact your local INTREO for a TESG Accreditation of Provider and Training Form. As soon as you have this send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deirdre will complete and return with a quotation to your INTREO Office. They will be in touch with you regarding approval.
Approval of Funding
- An approval/ Verification Form will be posted to the applicant. This Form will show the TESG Funding amount and must be completed by both Kays Flower School and yourself the applicant upon completion of the training.
- This Approval form is like your cheque and must be forward on to Kays along with any balance of your course fees prior to beginning your training.
Primary Eligible Payments
- Jobseeker's Allowance and Jobseekers Transition (incl. Casuals)
- Jobseeker's Benefit (incl. Casuals)
Other Eligible Payments/Schemes
- One Parent Family Payment
- Signing for credits
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wife's Benefit (DWB)
- Farm/Fish Assist (FA)
- Disability Allowance
- Widows/Widowers Contributory or Non-Contributory Pension
- Illness Benefit for 6 months or more
- Qualified Adults of Jobseekers payment, who are job seeking.
Case officers may also support jobseekers who are participating on one of the Department's funded work placement programmes – as set out below – or where a person on another DSP payment, not listed above other than State pension, have an identified work/activation opportunity.
Local Employment Services, known as LES (Obair) Partnerships Schemes offer a wide range of services from career planning to job searching and they can advise you if you are entitled to funding and how and where to get it. The Social Welfare or FAS may refer you to a jobs facilitator or Training Incentive officer.
The Education Finance Board - also has a range of grants and funding for individuals
This website provides information on course fees and details on eligibility requirements for free fees. In addition, you will find out all you need to know about other sources of assistance for students, such as the Fund for Students with Disabilities, the Back to Education Allowance, the Student Assistance Fund and the Millennium Partnership Fund. You can find answers to possible questions you may have by accessing the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section.
Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) provide a range of financial supports designed to assist with the establishment and/or growth of enterprises (limited company, individuals/sole trader, cooperatives and partnerships) employing up to ten people.
These financial supports are designed to provide a flexible suite of supports to LEO clients and potential clients.
Funding decisions are determined by the;
- Need for financial support for the project
- Potential employment and sales growth
- Previous funding provided to the company
- Regional location of the company