Online Professional Floristry Certificate - Module 1
Where Your Career In Floristry Begins
Allow us to introduce our Online Professional Floristry Certificate Module 1 Program perfect for total beginners with a desire to develop their practical and technical skills. On completing the program, you will be certified and can get ready to embark on a very exciting journey into the flower industry.
Module 1 Professional Floristry Certificate Online Program
4 Week Online Training Program
How is the Course Structured and how can I keep in touch with my tutors for feedback.
When you choose to start your floristry training with us, we can guarantee you will not experience anything like the training we give you. You will receive your sundry kit within the first week of training and by the time your Fresh Flower Delivery comes on Day 10 you will be so ready to start creating all your certificate designs.
We have worked endlessly by adjusting and adapting our Training Programs so we can continue to carry out our true passion which is providing the highest quality of training to our students at all stages of their flower journey for unbeatable value.
The beauty of our jam-packed beginners program is that you can completed the training at your own pace to tie in with your own day to day schedule whilst not having to leave your home.
Renowned Irish poet Oscar Wilde once quoted ‘A flower blossoms for it’s own Joy’. With our renowned online
program, we truly believe there is no better time like the present for you to tap into your own joy and
finally kick start the floristry adventure that you’ve always dreamed of.
Once you book your course placement, here are some of the features that will be delivered right to you:
You will be coached and guided by renowned & award winning Kay’s Flower School trainers Janette O’Rourke & Deirdre Sullivan - You will have 1-2-1 contact with your tutor through whats app everyday from 9an to 3.30pm
Your Professional Floristry Certificate Program does require some commitment over the 4 weeks in order for you to achieve the most benefit. We recommend you allow at least 15 hours per week for the 4 weeks of the program.
You will have access to a library of clear and practical step by step flower arranging video tutorials.
Did you know there are approximately 80 videos in total? And you can watch these over and over again (unlike any classroom based courses)
Live Q & A classes each morning with Janette or Deirdre, that can be watched on the reply at a later time if your not free at the time of the live. You will also have WhatsApp access to your tutors for 1-2-1 feedback on your designs.
Your very own starter kit, yes that’s right! We bring all the materials straight to you including a
comprehensive sundry pack which will include your new best pal, your very own florist scissors
along with all the required tools for creating your stunning range of floral masterpieces.
In order to gain certification, you will need to complete the program floral designs. So you have the
tools, you now need the jewels! You will be sent €200 worth of gorgeous fresh flowers &foliage
straight to your very own door from renowned growers worldwide.
Your own 4 week admission key to our virtual interactive Bloom Room where any questions you
have can be answered by your tutors. The Bloom Room is also a community space to mingle with
your fellow students whilst enjoying a cuppa, along with a gallery area to exhibit your epic creations.
Q & A Box each day in the Bloom Room exclusive to course attendees only where your tutors will answer your questions between 9.30am and 3.30pm each day
Full access to Kay’s Flower School team for 4 weeks from the course start date via a Facebook
Group. This is a great space for any further assistance and support you may need.
If life is busy, fear not! You will have full access to your program for 3 months after your enrolment
date should you need to re-cover or revise any section of the course.
What we learn with pleasure, we never forget!
We share the fundamentals, the techniques along with all the tips and tricks of the trade with you. But not only that, we promise you a memorable,rewarding and oh so fun learning adventure.
How Much does this Program Cost? - This Module 1 Program Costs €800
This can be paid in 2 installments , provided it is paid in full 7 daysbefore the start date of the program. A Booking fee is required to book your place - this can be paid here
✿ Students will submit photo or video evidence of the required floral designs before the last day in your Bloom Room in order to receive your Professional Floristry Certificate.
✿ Once the Bloom Room closes, you will still have access to your online video tutorials for another 60
days. (90 days in total)
Course Content -
- Introduction to a Career as a Florist
- Practical - Demonstration of 10 Different Floral Designs by Janette
- Traditional Designs
- Traditional Designs with a modern twist
- Country Basket Arrangement
- Modern Table Design
- Modern Front Facing Designs - using different flowers and different containers
- Conditioning and Handling Fresh Flowers & Foliage
- 1-2-1 Whats App Contact with your tutors 9am to 3,30pm each day.
- Flower Chemicals & How to use them
- Health & Safety in the flower industry and in a retail flower setting.
- Floral Sundries and materials - where to source & buy wholesale
- Types of floral foam - containers to suit locations and displays
- Bow Making, Janette will demonstrate and learners will learn to make an array of florist bows
- Wholesalers – Trade Cards, Online Wholesalers, Sundry Wholesalers and Fresh Flower Wholesalers
- Creating your own flower recipes.
- Costing floral designs and calculating your retail price in accordance with Industry Standard
- Branding and Developing Marketing Material to start your own business
- Marketing & promoting yourself as a florist
- Stock Control In the flower Industry
- Business Setup – VAT – CRO – Insurance
- Developing your Portfolio
- Assessment for Certification
- Live Classes with Social Media Experts who are focused on the Flower Industry
- Live Classes with Marketing Experts who work withing the Flower Industry
- Classes with Dutch Wholesalers to assist you opening your accounts
Our Professional Programs are certified for Funding through a few different agencies, there is funding available to both unemployed and employed people. Check here to see if you are eligible for funding towards your training
On Completion of all 4 of our Professional Floristry Programs you will be eligible to join our FREE Mentoring and Supporting Bloom Studio. This is an amazing group of like minded florists willing to help and support each other and also have Kays Flower school Tutors on hand to answer and questions you may have.
Florists who are in the Bloom Studio are constantly updated with any new tutorials we add to the programs, we give free access to our programs throughout the year to allow you revise content,
This is a totally FREE service and is available to you as long as we are delivering courses
What Our Students Have To Say
Highlights From A Past Online Module 1 Flower Program
How your Kay’s Flower School Online 4week Floristry program works.
This is A Sample calendar for the next four weeks
A Couple of days prior to your program commencing
- We will contact you by email to enrol you on your online program,
- We will send you an invite to join your membership of the Bloom room
- You will be asked you to sign up so we have your correct address & Eircode for delivery of your floral sundry kit
- This address will also be used later in the program for your fresh flower delivery.
The Day Before
- You will have access to your Bloom Room
- It is here you will be able to watch some videos posted, explaining about ordering your buckets, how to get notifications, how to pin your bloom room on your phone and how to use the online site .
- You will not be able to post in the Bloom Room until tomorrow
Day 1 Wednesday
- Your Bloom Rooms opens you will now be able to post comments and photos
- Your online program is now live, and you can now start watching all your pre-recorded videos at your own pace
- Your Kit is in the post or you may have already received it
Day 3 Friday
- It is not required but some of you may decide this weekend to maybe practice using foliage from your garden and supermarket flowers
Day 6 Monday
- Most students at this stage are practicing the Bows from Unit 8 and posting photos of bows and gutta taping to the Bloom room
Day 8 Wednesday
- Sterilize all your buckets refer to the video on this in your online program
Day 9 Thursday
- Fill your buckets with clean water and add Flower Food, ready for your flower delivery
Day 10 Friday
- Your fresh flower delivery will arrive tonight or early tomorrow, Refer to the unboxing video in your program for treatment and conditioning of all flowers
Day 11 Saturday
- All Flowers must be conditioned and given at least 4 hours drink before you use them.
- Some tighter flowers like Baby Carnations, Lilies and Alstroemeria may need to be re-cut a few times to help encourage them to drink/open. You can now start on your first practical arrangement for certificate. Janette and Deirdre will be available in the Bloom Room for help and advice this weekend, Saturday and Sunday until 3.30pm
Day 12 Sunday
- If you haven’t yet started your practical’s, start today, we are available in the Bloom Room to critique and give feedback on your photos that your post
- During this time you need to work on your 5 practical designs for your certificate. Remember these are fresh flowers and if not used will eventually die
Day 20 Monday
- For the next few days, you may work on your paperwork to be submitted for certification
Day 21- 29
- You now have plenty of time to watch the next lot of bonus videos which are not part of the certification. We encourage you to continue posting any floristry designs you work on in the Bloom room for feedback
- Today your Bloom Room closes but you still have access to all your video tutorials for a further 60 days and you have unlimited access to our student resource and we are always there to answer a query by email if required
Every morning Monday to Friday a short Video chat will be posted in your Bloom room answering any queries or problems that have been posted.
During the hours of 9.30-3.30 pm each day your tutors are available in the Bloom Room to answer all your questions or offer feedback on your work posted.
It is important to keep all your questions etc in your Bloom Room as text messages/Face book messages and What’s app messages are not monitored by your tutors.
If you wish you can email us, but make sure to put the name of the Bloom Room in your subject bar
Frequently asked Questions
Is this Online Course Certified?
Yes as with our classroom based Module 1, you will receive our Module 1 Certificate. In order to obtain your certificate, you will be required to submit photographic evidence of floral designs from the training program.
Am I A Qualified Florist After Completing Module 1
Module 1 is just the start of your training, the direction you take after this will depend on the area of floirstry you wish to pursue. You will need to continue your training on the module/s that most suits your passion. Give us a call and we can direct you to the best course of action.
How will I get the flowers and materials to make the floral designs for certification?
We will be supplying you with all the flowers and sundries you will need to complete the designs required for your certificate. This is all included in your course fees.
What do I need to buy once I sign up for this course
The only thing you will need to buy to complete this certificate is 10 Buckets or Large Vases. We will supply you with everything else in your sundry pack and with your flower delivery.
I have a very busy household, Do I need to alot the same time every day in order to complete this course.
No you will have 4 weeks in total to complete what was our 4 day module. Once your flowers arrive you can make your designs at any time that suits you, if you have any problems whilst making them you have access to your bloom room and your tutors Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm each day. However we will have evening live classes should students not be available during the day
Do I need to a computer to complete this course?
No your can watch any of the Tutorials on a tablet, ipad, laptop, phone etc. This is what makes this course so accessible as you can watch it anywhere at your leisure.
What is the Bloom Room and how to I gain access?
Your Bloom Room is your private group that only those who are also enrolled on your course will be in. This will be a private group on Facebook. Janette & Deirdre will be at your back and call Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 4.30pm each day, however you can post questions and queries at any time. It is in the group we will have extra live tutorials and answer all your queries live. Every one in this group will all be at the same level so you will find you will each have similar issues and questions. Access to your Bloom Room will last for 4 weeks, following on from this we encourage you to join our public Facebook group to network with other past students.
Do need Facebook to gain access to my Bloom Room?
Yes you will need to have a Facebook profile in order to access your Bloom Room. If you do not have a Facebook profile you will need to make one. If you need help with this let us know.
How will I keep the flowers fresh and mind them when they come?
Your Video tutorials will have a step by step video on how to open your flower box, how to remove and treat your flowers and even how to fold back up the box for easy disposal. Once treated and in water the flowers should be stored in a cool room, out of direct sunlight and away from a direct heat source.
How do I know if I can avail of the Funding Subsidy.
Drop us an email here and we will get back to you with all the details.
I have already booked onto a classroom based course with you, what should I do now?
We cannot envisage running classroom based courses with the current restrictions until late in the year. If you wish to enroll on the online course we will transfer your booking fee to the funding authority and you will only have to pay the balance to them. If you decide not to enroll we will refund your booking fee.
Can I do this course but not opt for certification?
Yes of course and we would get many hobby florists choosing this option, if you do not require certification you will not need to submit evidence of your designs. You will however still be part of the program to learn the specific designs in the program.
Course Cost:- €800 for Students Living on the Island of Ireland (Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland)
Students Living Outside of Ireland & Northern Ireland can pay €650 however will not receive the Fresh Flower Package but will receive the Floral Sundry Kit. They will be given a full list of flowers they will need to purchase prior to starting the course. - see here for more details
- Booking Fees must be paid to secure you place on any of our programs. Booking Fees are non refundable, but with notice can be transferred to a different start date.
- Change of start date must be notified a minimum of 7 days in advance in order to transfer your booking fee to another date.
- Cancellations less than 5 days prior to start date will result in 50% of the booking fee being lost.
- If you need to drop out during the program, we can enroll you in a new program at a hugely discounted rate.
- Should it be necessary for us to cancel a course or change the date of a course, Kay's Flower School will offer a full refund of the booking fee or a discount voucher off a future course. This is only eligible for those who have a place confirmed by booking fee
- Course fees must be paid in full 7 days prior to the start date of your program.
Raquel Romos - June 2020
Technology and flowers are two of my favourite passions, and I'm finally working on improving my second one: Flowers. Thanks, Janette & Deidre for your constant support in this journey, they are professional, knowledgeable and they couldn't have been more helpful providing full permanent support, exceedingly well-structured program, brilliant Online student resources, and much more. I couldn't recommend them enough.
Thank again for everything, Raquel
Anne Louise Rowsome - June 2020
I’ve just completed the module 1 online commercial floristry training program with Kays Flower School. Having already completed their four modules at the school I found the online course to be as much fun and as informative. The tutors Janette and Deirdre cover everything from buying and conditioning flowers to V A T wholesalers and setting up your own business.
To begin your fresh flowers and sundries are delivered straight to your door with a step by step instruction booklet which is also included. Janette helps you follow the easy to follow course instructions and demonstrates all the practical steps which will leave you with masses of floristry skills to make enviable arrangements at the end of the course.
This course is a must for any budding florist.
Joan From Armagh May 2020
I was absolutely amazed at all the hard work that Kay's has put into this new course. They seem to have thought of everything, from floral foam, to gauge of wires, to chemicals, conditioning of flowers, sterilising buckets, health and safety. Making different types of bows, to working in a flower shop to mention but just a few of what was included in the course.
Their knowledge and expertise was amazing. The photography and videoing, was very crisp and clear and there were no shaky cameras, everything was perfect. Every step of the live demonstrations of making the arrangements was very well explained and step by step instructions given. It would be a great help to anyone starting out in floristry to buy this course, plus their will be follow ups with other modules later on when they become available so you could progress from module one to module 4 eventually. It is an exceptionally good course for beginners, and has everything you need to know included and I would highly recommend it.