Online Professional Floristry Certificate - Module 1
Where Your Career In Floristry Begins
Allow us to introduce our Online Professional Floristry Certificate Module 1 Program perfect for total beginners with a desire to develop their practical and technical skills.
Suitable for those who have already completed Level 1 & Level 2 City & Guilds.
On completing the program, you will be certified and can get ready to embark on a very exciting journey into working in the flower industry
Module 1 Professional Floristry Certificate Online Program
4 Week Online Training Program
How is the Course Structured and how can I keep in touch with my tutors for feedback.
When you choose to start your floristry training with us, we can guarantee you will not experience anything like the training we give you. You will receive your sundry kit within the first week of training and by the time your Fresh Flower Delivery comes on Day 10 you will be so ready to start creating all your certificate designs.
We have worked endlessly by adjusting and adapting our Training Programs so we can continue to carry out our true passion which is providing the highest quality of training to our students at all stages of their flower journey for unbeatable value.
The beauty of our jam-packed beginners program is that you can completed the training at your own pace to tie in with your own day to day schedule whilst not having to leave your home.
Renowned Irish poet Oscar Wilde once quoted ‘A flower blossoms for it’s own Joy’. With our renowned online
program, we truly believe there is no better time like the present for you to tap into your own joy and
finally kick start the floristry adventure that you’ve always dreamed of.
Once you book your course placement, here are some of the features that will be delivered right to you:
You will be coached and guided by renowned & award winning Kay’s Flower School trainers Janette O’Rourke & Deirdre Sullivan - You will have 1-2-1 contact with your tutor through whats app everyday from 9an to 3.30pm
Your Professional Floristry Certificate Program does require some commitment over the 4 weeks in order for you to achieve the most benefit. We recommend you allow at least 15 hours per week for the 4 weeks of the program.
You will have access to a library of clear and practical step by step flower arranging video tutorials.
Did you know there are approximately 80 videos in total? And you can watch these over and over again (unlike any classroom based courses)
Live Q & A classes each morning with Janette or Deirdre, that can be watched on the reply at a later time if your not free at the time of the live. You will also have WhatsApp access to your tutors for 1-2-1 feedback on your designs.
Your very own starter kit, yes that’s right! We bring all the materials straight to you including a
comprehensive sundry pack which will include your new best pal, your very own florist scissors
along with all the required tools for creating your stunning range of floral masterpieces.
In order to gain certification, you will need to complete the program floral designs. So you have the
tools, you now need the jewels! You will be sent €200 worth of gorgeous fresh flowers &foliage
straight to your very own door from renowned growers worldwide.
Your own 4 week admission key to our virtual interactive Bloom Room where any questions you
have can be answered by your tutors. The Bloom Room is also a community space to mingle with
your fellow students whilst enjoying a cuppa, along with a gallery area to exhibit your epic creations.
Q & A Box each day in the Bloom Room exclusive to course attendees only where your tutors will answer your questions between 9.30am and 3.30pm each day
Full access to Kay’s Flower School team for 4 weeks from the course start date via a Facebook
Group. This is a great space for any further assistance and support you may need.
If life is busy, fear not! You will have full access to your program for 3 months after your enrolment
date should you need to re-cover or revise any section of the course.
What we learn with pleasure, we never forget!
We share the fundamentals, the techniques along with all the tips and tricks of the trade with you. But not only that, we promise you a memorable,rewarding and oh so fun learning adventure.
How Much does this Program Cost? - This Module 1 Program Costs €800
This can be paid in 2 installments , provided it is paid in full 7 daysbefore the start date of the program. A Booking fee is required to book your place - this can be paid here
✿ Students will submit photo or video evidence of the required floral designs before the last day in your Bloom Room in order to receive your Professional Floristry Certificate.
✿ Once the Bloom Room closes, you will still have access to your online video tutorials for another 60
days. (90 days in total)
Course Content -
- Introduction to a Career as a Florist
- Practical -Certificate Work -
- You will be required to complete 5 Certificate pieces covering different aspects of flower arranging
- You will be required to demonstrate your skills in making bows
- You will be required to complete Q & As throughout the program
- Floral Practical Designs covered on our Module 1 Program
- Traditional Flower Arrangements
- Traditional Designs with a modern / contemporary twist
- Basket Arrangement
- Modern / Contemporary Table Design
- Modern / Contemporary Front Facing Designs -
- You will learn how to conditioning and handling Fresh Flowers Commercially
- You will learn about buying, handling and storing foliage
- You will learn about Flower Chemicals & Where and When to use them
- You will learn Health & Safety in the Retail and Studio flower setting.
- You will learn about buying and scouring floral sundries and accessories
- We will supply you with a comprehensive list of Fresh Flower Wholesalers and Resources
- We will teach you how to buy direct from Holland and will supply you with an access login into these Dutch flower sites
- We will bring in Flower Wholesale Reps to give you more insights into buying from Holland
- Our Resource lists are updated all the time and as a student or past student you will always have access to these resources.
- We will supply you with a list of Floral Sundry Wholesalers in Ireland and the UK
- We will educate you on the different Types of mechanics you can use for designing - floral foam / chicken wire/ moss etc-
- You will master the skill of Bow Making, We cover an array of bows on Module 1, you will need to demonstrate your skills for 2 bows for your certificate
- You will learn how to create a recipe for your designs.
- You will learn how to cost the recipes and use this for multiple orders.
- You will learn how to profitable price your designs
- You will learn how to calculating your retail price in accordance with Industry Standard
- You will learn about Branding your business
- You will learn how to Develop Marketing Material to start your own business
- We will bring in outside marketers to help you with Marketing & promoting yourself as a florist
- You will learn the importance of Stock Control In the flower Industry
- We will advice you on Business Setup – VAT – CRO – Insurance
- We will advise you on how to Develop your Portfolio for job applications
- You will learn about networking and building relationships in the industry
- You will have Live Classes with Social Media Experts who are focused on the Flower Industry
- Live Classes with Marketing Experts who work withing the Flower Industry
- Classes with Dutch Wholesalers to assist you opening your accounts
During your program you will have full access to your tutorials 24/7
During your Program you will have 24/7 Access to your Bloom Room
During your Program you will have 1-2-1 access to your tutor from 9am to 3.30pm every day through whats app or in the Q & A Box in your Bloom Room
You will be able to send step - by step photos or videos to your tutor for correction by whats app from 9am to 3.30 pm Monday to Friday
Our Professional Programs are certified for Funding through manydifferent agencies, there is funding available to both unemployed and employed people. Check here to see if you are eligible for funding towards your training
On Completion of all 4 of our Professional Floristry Programs you will be eligible to join our FREE Mentoring and Support Group called The Bloom Studio. This is an amazing group of like minded florists willing to help and support each other and also have Kays Flower school Tutors on hand to answer and questions you may have.
Florists who are in the Bloom Studio are constantly updated with any new tutorials we add to the programs, we give free access to our programs throughout the year to allow you revise content,
This is a totally FREE service and is available to you as long as we are delivering courses
What Our Students Have To Say
Highlights From A Past Online Module 1 Flower Program
Frequently asked Questions
Is this Online Course Certified?
Yes you will receive our Module 1 Certificate. In order to obtain your certificate, you will be required to submit photographic evidence of floral designs from the training program.
Am I A Qualified Florist After Completing Module 1
Module 1 is just the start of your training, the direction you take after this will depend on the area of floirstry you wish to pursue. You will need to continue your training on the module/s that most suits your passion. Give us a call and we can direct you to the best course of action.
How will I get the flowers and materials to make the floral designs for certification?
We will be supplying you with all the flowers and sundries you will need to complete the designs required for your certificate. This is all included in your course fees.
What do I need to buy once I sign up for this course
The only thing you will need to buy to complete this certificate is 10 Buckets or Large Vases. We will supply you with everything else in your sundry pack and with your flower delivery.
I have a very busy household, Do I need to alot the same time every day in order to complete this course.
No you will have 4 weeks in total to complete the program. Once your flowers arrive you can make your designs at any time that suits you, if you have any problems whilst making them you have access to your program & the bloom room and your tutors Monday to Friday from 9am to 3.30pm each day.
Do I need to a computer to complete this course?
No your can watch any of the Tutorials on a tablet, ipad, laptop, phone etc. This is what makes this course so accessible as you can watch it anywhere at your leisure.
What is the Bloom Room and how to I gain access?
Your Bloom Room is your private group that only those who are also enrolled on your course will be in. This will be a private group on Facebook. Janette & Deirdre will be at your back and call Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.30pm each day, however you can post questions and queries at any time. It is in the group we will have extra live tutorials and answer all your queries live. Every one in this group will all be at the same level so you will find you will each have similar issues and questions. Access to your Bloom Room will last for 4 weeks, following on from this we encourage you to join our public Facebook group to network with other past students.
Do need Facebook to gain access to my Bloom Room?
Yes you will need to have a Facebook profile in order to access your Bloom Room. If you do not have a Facebook profile you will need to make one. If you need help with this let us know.
How will I keep the flowers fresh and mind them when they come?
Your Video tutorials will have a step by step video on how to open your flower box, how to remove and treat your flowers and even how to fold back up the box for easy disposal. Once treated and in water the flowers should be stored in a cool room, out of direct sunlight and away from a direct heat source.
How do I know if I can avail of the Funding Subsidy.
Drop us an email here and we will get back to you with all the details.
Can I do this course but not opt for certification?
Yes of course and we would get many hobby florists choosing this option, if you do not require certification you will not need to submit evidence of your designs. You will however still be part of the program to learn the specific designs in the program.
I have city and guilds level 2 floristry, is this course to basic for me ?
Our Module 1 Program is actually more advanced that C&G level 2. It is more practical and hands-on with the main focus being on working commercially as a florist. If you are unsure give us a call on 0035387 2507615 to discuss your training.
I don't live in Ireland, how does the work for me to complete your programs?
We have many overseas students enrolling on our programs, have a read here where we hope we will answer all your questions. - Click Here
Course Cost:- €800 for Students Living on the Island of Ireland (Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland)
Students Living Outside of Ireland & Northern Ireland can pay €650 however will not receive the Fresh Flower Package but will receive the Floral Sundry Kit ( UK ONLY ) . You will be given a full list of flowers they will need to purchase prior to starting the course. - see here for more details
- Booking Fees must be paid to secure you place on any of our programs. Booking Fees are non refundable, but with notice can be transferred to a different start date.
- Change of start date must be notified a minimum of 7 days in advance in order to transfer your booking fee to another date.
- Cancellations less than 5 days prior to start date will result in 50% of the booking fee being lost.
- If you need to drop out during the program, we can enroll you in a new program at a hugely discounted rate.
- Should it be necessary for us to cancel a course or change the date of a course, Kay's Flower School will offer a full refund of the booking fee or a discount voucher off a future course. This is only eligible for those who have a place confirmed by booking fee
- Course fees must be paid in full 7 days prior to the start date of your program.
Raquel Romos - June 2020
Technology and flowers are two of my favourite passions, and I'm finally working on improving my second one: Flowers. Thanks, Janette & Deidre for your constant support in this journey, they are professional, knowledgeable and they couldn't have been more helpful providing full permanent support, exceedingly well-structured program, brilliant Online student resources, and much more. I couldn't recommend them enough.
Thank again for everything, Raquel
Anne Louise Rowsome - June 2020
I’ve just completed the module 1 online commercial floristry training program with Kays Flower School. Having already completed their four modules at the school I found the online course to be as much fun and as informative. The tutors Janette and Deirdre cover everything from buying and conditioning flowers to V A T wholesalers and setting up your own business.
To begin your fresh flowers and sundries are delivered straight to your door with a step by step instruction booklet which is also included. Janette helps you follow the easy to follow course instructions and demonstrates all the practical steps which will leave you with masses of floristry skills to make enviable arrangements at the end of the course.
This course is a must for any budding florist.
Joan From Armagh May 2020
I was absolutely amazed at all the hard work that Kay's has put into this new course. They seem to have thought of everything, from floral foam, to gauge of wires, to chemicals, conditioning of flowers, sterilising buckets, health and safety. Making different types of bows, to working in a flower shop to mention but just a few of what was included in the course.
Their knowledge and expertise was amazing. The photography and videoing, was very crisp and clear and there were no shaky cameras, everything was perfect. Every step of the live demonstrations of making the arrangements was very well explained and step by step instructions given. It would be a great help to anyone starting out in floristry to buy this course, plus their will be follow ups with other modules later on when they become available so you could progress from module one to module 4 eventually. It is an exceptionally good course for beginners, and has everything you need to know included and I would highly recommend it.