Kays School of Floristry Privacy Statement
Effective Date: 25 May 2018
Kay’s Flower School (“us”, “our”, “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy explains how we collect, store and use any personal information. This policy relates to your use of our e-commerce website.
For the purposes of this policy data protection law means: from 25 May 2018, unless it is no longer applicable in Ireland, we will comply with the GDPR The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
The personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Information we collect
- When you sign up to a flower course or Flower Workshop or event we collect the following personal information from you: first name, last name, billing address, telephone number, email address and course attended. However we do not have access to your payment details. Third Party payment hosts, which we use on our website, have access to this information. These are PayPal & Stripe who all have their own GDPR Privacy Policies and should be contacted directly with any queries.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will store your email address.
- All personal information is maintained on a secure server.
How we use the information we collect
- To process attendance at your floristry course including payment.
- To communicate with you about our products and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time as explained above.
We currently use Mail chimp as a marketing platform, please note mail chimp’s servers are in the US, and this is protected by the Privacy Shield agreement between the EU and the US. (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy /).
- To monitor floristry course attendance history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products.
- Any information we collect about customers’ purchasing habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the Kay's Flower School website and the products and services offered to our customers.
In addition to the specific use of personal data as set out above, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
Why do we contact you?
If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about similar courses you may be interested in and offers which are exclusive to our contact list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications.
- When you book into a floristry course, we will contact you by email or phone to notify you of the course details.
What are your rights?
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Kay's Flower School, 465 South Circular Road, Rialto, Dublin 8
We will respond within one month with the following:
- List and confirm what personal data we hold about you.
- Provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format.
- Provide any supporting explanatory materials.
Rights of Rectification and Erasure (the right to be forgotten)
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or no longer necessary.
You can sign up to receive marketing communications through our website, at the time of booking or in physical attendance at our floristry courses. Simply tick the opt-in box at any of these stages.
Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.