Top Tips When Using Lilac as a Cut Flower
The botanical name for Lilac is Syringa.
It is widely available from December to April .
This highly fragrant spring flower from the ornamental flowering Lilac Tree.
Available in White, Purple / Lilac/ Pale Pink
Top Care Tips for Lilac
- Cut on an angle and place in a full bucket of fresh cold water – minimum 30cm
- Wrap the heads to provide support for first drink
- Lilac loves water so top up regulally
- Use Shrub food in water
- Lilac is sensitive to the ethylene gas of other flowers so keep separate if possible
- As the stem is woody qwik dip will help get the water up quicker
- Lilac is not great lasting in foam due to the amount of water it needs
- Short stems look beautiful in a Hand tied Bridal Bouquet
- Breaking up the florets reduces the lasting ability making it unsuitable for wiring.